Channel One Daily News Quiz:
1. Where did the attack take place?
a. at a hospital
b. at a university
c. at an office building
d. at a social services center
2. Based on what you heard and saw, what can you infer is the purpose of sending the special operations forces to Iraq and Syria?
a. to combat ISIS by destroying its weapons
b. to combat ISIS by weakening its leadership
c. to combat ISIS by cutting off its access to supplies
d. to combat ISIS by turning its young members against it
3. What is one way the new plan for fighting ISIS is different from the old plan?
a. It uses only airstrikes.
b. It will last just a few weeks.
c. It will not include any raids.
d. It takes place on the ground.
4. What is the most likely reason the segment includes the following detail?
“During his term at Princeton, not a single black student was admitted.”
a. to help clarify the history of the university
b. to help provide a full biography of Woodrow Wilson
c. to help show how times have changed since Woodrow Wilson was president
d. to help explain why some students want Woodrow Wilson’s name removed from university buildings
5. Which of the following is true of the Founder Generation?
a. They have fought in two major wars.
b. They were born between 1981 and 2000.
c. They have remained silent about most issues.
d. They will be the most diverse generation in history.
1. d; 2. b; 3. d; 4. d; 5. d